Back at it again with the Birchbox! This is gonna be my last Birchbox post for now though.. I decided it was time to take a break and cancel my subscription. Even though I LOVE Birchbox, I felt I was getting a lot of the same types of products and it just wasn’t wowing me as much as it used to.. Anyway, things ended on a good note as I did get a lovely little selection in my box this month:
1. Spectrum Collections ‘Unicorn Tears Wonder Sponge’, £4.99I already have one of these wonder sponges from Spectrum Collections, but I was happy to see that I would be getting an extra from Birchbox. I’ve tried Real Techniques and Lottie London beauty sponges, and so far the Spectrum Collections is my favourite. It is the perfect combination of firm but bouncy, which makes it easy to apply and blend makeup.
2. theBalm Cosmetics Staniac in ‘Beauty Queen’, £10I am a big fan of multi-purpose products like this! Not only is it a lipgloss but it’s a cheek stain too. It leaves a really nice glossy colour for both purposes and would be so good as a travel product because it means you only need to take one product for lips and cheeks. I was previously disappointed with theBalm Cometics eyeshadow/blush I got in one of my Birchboxes, but I actually really like this product!
3. Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner, £11.50I always seem to get shampoo and conditioner combinations in my Birchboxes – even my friend mentioned how often I get them! Not complaining though because I’ve been a fan of each one I’ve received – this one including. Both products smell great and leave my hair nice and soft with a lovely shine. How I can tell if a shampoo is good is by the amount it lathers up – and this one passes the test!
4. Vasanti ‘Brighten Up!’ Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, £26Usually I really like trying face scrubs.. But since discovering the St.Ives Apricot face scrub nothing quite compares. Unfortunately, this product is no exception. It is a lovely, gentle scrub that seems to nicely cleanse the face, but it just doesn’t compare to St. Ives!
5. Rituals Tao|Wai Wang Mild Exfoliating Body Scrub, £19.50This product.. Is my new favourite body product. I really liked the Rituals body foam I got in my first ever Birchbox, so I was excited to receive this – I was not disappointed. For a sample product it is a really good size! It’s not full sized but I know I’ll get a lot out of it.
6. Vita Coco Coconut Oil, £9.99This was a little extra I got this month! I haven’t actually used it yet, but I think I’m going to use it as a hair mask.. I’ve seen a lot of people recommend using it for your hair, so I’ll let you know how it goes!
So, for now, this is the last Birchbox post you’ll see from me! But I have a lot of other posts planned.. I’ll try not to be gone too long again!